Emmina's Diary

It all began with 2 pink lines.... This blog follows the ups and downs of pregnancy in Italy, through the experiences of an English expat for whom "Under the Tuscan Sun" might as well be "The Satanic Verses"...

mercoledì 14 luglio 2010

Aversion!

I hope to have something more interesting to blog about than nausea over the next few months. For the time being, however, that sicky feeling is at the centre of my universe… Today I’m even home from work as I just couldn’t stand the thought of another day feeling nauseated by my colleagues’ perfumes, not being able to stomach even a cheese sandwich at lunch and generally wanting to curl up in a ball and cry. Yesterday we went to the usual bar under the office for lunch and, although I felt like I couldn’t face anything, I ordered what I thought would be the easy option – pasta in a tomato sauce. It arrived, I took one bite and couldn’t face the rest as it tasted somehow wrong. My colleagues assured me that it was perfectly fine, but my super acute sense of smell / taste told me not to eat it, so I ordered a plate of roast beef, potatoes and mozzarella instead. The minute they put it down in front of me I knew it was going to be a problem! Half an hour later, having left two full plates of food, I found myself arguing with the very friendly owner, who insisted that I shouldn’t pay for any of what I had left. She was convinced that there was something terribly wrong with her food (I’m usually a big eater and we go there every day…) and I felt awful for her. I couldn’t tell her my stomach was subjecting me to pregnant tantrums as I was with a group of colleagues so I got two free lunches which I didn’t even eat. Not quite “everyone’s a winner” but there you are!
So far the only foods I can even contemplate (and not even all of the time) are: cereals, mashed potato, cheese, breaded fish, ice cream, pasta, chocolate budino, apples and pears. This is not a balanced pregnancy diet! What can I do? I’m taking my pre-natal vitamins, eating whenever I feel I can and hoping for the best….

Etichette: , ,

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page