Emmina's Diary

It all began with 2 pink lines.... This blog follows the ups and downs of pregnancy in Italy, through the experiences of an English expat for whom "Under the Tuscan Sun" might as well be "The Satanic Verses"...

domenica 4 luglio 2010

I'm not ill, I'm pregnant...

Well, the gynecologist was 50 minutes late arriving at her office, so our 15:30 appointment was actually at 16:20. No problem, but she could have called her secretary so that we knew that she was on her way, but didn’t. Ho hum. We didn’t really get any further to be honest – she answered a few of my questions, said there was no point in doing another “official” pregnancy test as I’d already done two, and that if I wanted to become her patient, that was fine but she’d be on holiday starting in two weeks’ time and had no free appointments before then. So that told me basically. I left feeling not much more informed or looked after than before and, the next day decided I would cut my losses and go back to my previous gyno who, despite being the most expensive in the city and not connected to a hospital, would at least provide me with a decent level of care. Just a few hours later, having sent her an “It looks like I’m pregnant, what should I do now?” email, she got back to me with a long, detailed response which I received at 11pm. Now that’s dedication. In fact it was the first of 3 consecutive evenings at around that time, during which I received further communication from her about which blood tests to do and when to book my first appointment with her. Friday morning I battled the nausea to do my first bHCG test, which is the pregnancy hormone, and which is supposed to double every 3 days or so, indicating “normal” progression. So, tomorrow morning I will drag myself off for the second one, hopefully feeling a little better than I do today! They say pregnancy isn’t an illness, but when the slightest movement makes your head pound and your stomach churn, it’s quite hard to believe!! Now where did I put my ginger biscuits…??

Etichette: , ,

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page