Emmina's Diary

It all began with 2 pink lines.... This blog follows the ups and downs of pregnancy in Italy, through the experiences of an English expat for whom "Under the Tuscan Sun" might as well be "The Satanic Verses"...

lunedì 5 luglio 2010

Voglia!

I can’t stop eating cheese. Just can’t stop. And in the office this afternoon, from about 5 o’clock onwards I couldn’t concentrate on anything as I couldn’t get thoughts of ricotta and spinach tortelloni out of my head. And lasagna. And cannelloni. And it really was a need – like a “if I don’t get to eat a bowl of pasta in the next 5 minutes, I might just throw up” need…. So, in the absence of a hot, steamy bowl of creamy pasta with cheese (mmmmmm….), I raided the vending machine at work for the next thing on the list – Fonzies. These are basically like cheesy watsits – very cheesy, very salty, fried corn chips. Not one pack but THREE! So much for trying to be as healthy as possible…. The problem is that I feel nauseated at the thought of anything else, and I guess that eating something is better than eating nothing so I’m kind of going with it at the moment. I was healthy before my pregnancy and just as soon as the sicky-hungry-cravy-sicky period is out of the way, I absolutely promise that I will get right back on track. Until then, I’m just going to try and listen to my body and take my cues from it. It’s weird, also because I can’t bear to not be in control (of everything!), especially when it comes to health issues. I think that this is an opportunity for me to learn that I can’t always have a perfect grip on every situation, and what better teacher than my very own body….

Etichette:

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page