Emmina's Diary

It all began with 2 pink lines.... This blog follows the ups and downs of pregnancy in Italy, through the experiences of an English expat for whom "Under the Tuscan Sun" might as well be "The Satanic Verses"...

venerdì 3 giugno 2011

Sophie


Sophie is now 3 and a half months old. She was born on February 18th, weighing 3.05 kilos and gained a perfect 10 on her APGAR score after 1 and 5 minutes...
The pregnancy went well until the final month when my blood pressure shot up and refused to go back to normal. After a couple of weeks, with swelling and protein in my urine, the gynocologist decided that we were dealing with pre-eclampsia and that I would have to be induced 2 weeks early. At that point, our little Sophie took the initiative, my waters broke and, following a short induction, she was born. I will expand on my horrific hospital experience another time...

She has already grown to over 60 cms, and now weight 6.5 kilos - so is perfectly on track for her age. She has wispy blond hair, bright blue eyes like her mum and the cheekiest toothless grin you can imagine. Recently she has started giggling when you tickle her and reaching out for her toys. When she can't quite get her little hand around them, she gets really annoyed and demonstrates her feisty little attitude by squealing and turning purple. Insomma, she is absolutely adorable. More perfect even than I had imagined through those long pregnant months!

We have moved back into the city and are currently surrounded by boxes, workmen and dust but Sophie is a real trouper and has slotted into the family like she was always here. As tough as these past 3 months have been (and at times they have been TOUGH!), we just can't imagine life without her...

Etichette: , ,

1 Commenti:

Alle 29 giugno 2011 alle ore 06:02 , Anonymous Premesso ha detto...

Prima di tutto, compliments on Sophie. I'm quite new to your blog(s) but thought I needed to do some deep back-reading as I live on via Lomazzo, a stone's throw from the bar that Luca's family used to run. What a small world.

I never thought I'd have a blog, either, although I try to write on the things that interest me from time to time, although I haven't been doing so the past few weeks.

I really enjoyed reading your trenchant observations on la vita quotidiana milanese with all its attendant frustations. Hope to see more sometime.

Henry Baker

 

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page